Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I just found out that one of my elementary school teachers, Paul Louis "Louie" Addington passed from this life today due to smoke inhalation from a house fire during the night.

    Some of you old timers may know Louis from teaching at Wise or Pound. He was also always around Kelly baseball serving as the clock operater during Coach Shupe's tenure. He was Mack's uncle if I'm not mistaken.

    R.I.P. old friend, you will be missed.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    One of the things I remember most about playing high school ball at Kelly. Louie was always there. Every practice, every game. There'd be a foot of snow on the ground and we'd be in the cage, he'd come in, sit down and start talking. After a game, he'd be at the gate eating a hotdog patting us on the back. I don't ever remember him missing a home game. Now he never will.

    He was a true fan of the game of baseball and a fan of the boys in pinstripes.


    R.I.P.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I sure hate to hear this.
    He was my 7th grade science teacher at Pound. I believe he retired soon after.
    He was quite a presence that's for sure!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    This is sad news to hear. One of my favorite teachers at Pound. Classes were sometimes put to the side when we got him to talk about war times. Makes me wonder what he thought about our troops in Iraq right now. A great teacher and I always loved his class. His family will be in my prayers. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    Saw him not too long ago... His mind was still like a steel trap. He remembered things I couldn't. He surely will be missed. Also one of our favorite teachers.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    On the news last night they said it's believed to have been an electrical fire. Apparently the house was engulfed by the time rescue got there.


    Who all remembers his famous one-armed push-ups in class?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member otto_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2005
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I remember he was very strong, huge muscles, and some of the bigger guys would challenge him to arm wrestle, he always won. Do you remember the clicking of his shoe on his bad leg? I was in his 7th grade class for 2 years, LOL. He was a very unique charcter and will be missed trmendously during kelly baseball Games, does anyone know if he had any family?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    Spent many a time chatting with him. He will be missed. We'll surely miss him this upcoming baseball season [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I think he had a brother he was very close to and resembles him very much-Bean is his nickname. Yeah, I remember all those things about him, very seldom was he ever in a bad mood. I think he really enjoyed teaching and loved to tell stories.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    [ QUOTE ]
    I remember he was very strong, huge muscles, and some of the bigger guys would challenge him to arm wrestle, he always won. Do you remember the clicking of his shoe on his bad leg? I was in his 7th grade class for 2 years, LOL. He was a very unique charcter and will be missed trmendously during kelly baseball Games, does anyone know if he had any family?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    He has a son who I have met several times. I also remember those arm wrestling matches.(lol)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •